Presidential Forum #3 – 01/20/14
The New Year is upon us and the national officers are working diligently to provide a lot of activities for you. It is halfway through our SNPhA year and we are on record-setting pace in impacting the communities we serve. Thank you for answering the call to ACT now and there is much more we will accomplish together. Remember that every contribution counts.
- Scholarship applications have been released for the 2013-2014 year. The due date for all applications is postmarked by March 1, 2014. All members graduating from professional pharmacy school in 2014 are ineligible to apply. Please note that there is also a new scholarship offered this year by Walgreens for Diversity Advancement. The seven different scholarship applications may be found under the ‘Scholarship/Award Forms’ section within this link.
- The SNPhA Region I & II Meeting hosted by Virginia Commonwealth University will be held February 28 – March 2, 2014 in Richmond, VA. Registration is now open and please visit www.vcusnpha.com for more information. Hotel rooms are now available for booking by clicking here.
- The SNPhA Region III, IV, & V Meeting hosted by The Ohio State University will be held March 14-16, 2014 in Columbus, OH. Registration is now open and please follow this link for more information. Hotel rooms are now available for booking by clicking here.
- The next regional meeting hosts have been determined. Congratulations to the University of Georgia to host the 2015 Region I & II Meeting and St. Louis College of Pharmacy to host the 2015 Region III, IV, & V Meeting! We look forward to visiting.
- We are excited to announce a successful launch of the SNPhA Interprofessional Collaborative. Congratulations to the University of Tennessee for going above and beyond to produce an incredible display of interprofessional leadership. You may find the amazing work done through our social media at Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- We have now established a new partnership with the National Student Nursing Association (NSNA). NSNA is holding their first NSNA National Day of Service today, Jan. 20th and SNPhA has been invited to participate. For future collaboration opportunities, please contact email@example.com. To learn more about NSNA, please visit www.nsna.org.
- The next edition of the Signatura is now published and can be found here. This is a window into our activity across the nation so enjoy the newsletter release! Congratulations to Frank Yu from the University of Tennessee on being the Signatura Student. The next deadline for Signatura submissions and the Signatura Student nominations will be Friday, January 31, 2014 at 8PM PST/ 10PM CST/ 11PM EST. Please contact the National Public Relations Liaison, Idris Yakubu, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, comments, or concerns.
- Chapter Monthly Reports are due by the 1st day of every month to your respective regional facilitators. Please do not hesitate to reach out to them with any questions, comments, or concerns.
- We are ecstatic to announce during World Polio Day, 19 SNPhA chapters on behalf of Shot@Life collected over 1,500 petition signatures asking their Senators to co-sponsor Senate Resolution 270. We just found out that the resolution received enough co-sponsors and will be voted on in the Senate this coming week. In addition, Congress passed a budget deal and increased global health funding. It provides increases to nearly all U.S. contributions to global vaccine programs and to UNICEF. This would not have been possible without all of your hard work! Because of your support, millions of children in developing countries will meet more milestones this year, and for years to come. Please take a moment to view our activity here compiled by our very own National Operation Immunization Chair, Samantha Adams.
- The United Nations Foundation Shot@Life initiative will be hosting a Campus Leaders Webinar on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 3PM PST / 5PM CST/ 6PM EST to learn how your campus can stay involved with Shot@Life this semester. Please register for the upcoming webinar here.
- If you are interested in becoming a Shot@Life Champion, the next Champion Summit will be held March 10-12, 2014 in Washington D.C. You can learn more about the summit and view the video featuring our very own Executive Chairman, Pejman Ahmadi, by clicking here. There is no registration fee and you would be responsible for travel and housing accommodations. Shot@Life will be offering scholarships to assist with expenses. The deadline for applications is January 31, 2014 so apply now.
Thank you for viewing the presidential forum. As a tribute to a great leader who changed our country with his fierce activism through peace and not violence, I want to provide you with one of his fundamental beliefs.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King, Jr.