April 19, 2016
Greetings SNPhA Family, Advisors, and Affiliates:
I hope that this update comes with warm weather and sunshine, as SNPhA is always proud to be a part of your monthly plans. With both of our 2016 Regional Conferences behind us, SNPhA thanks the leadership of both University of Toledo and University of Charleston, WV SNPhA chapters for hosting phenomenal conferences! Please find a summary of awardees below from the Regions I & II Conference in Charleston, WV.
We are proud to announce our 95th chartered chapter: Palm Beach Atlantic University, and hope to provide our newest members with a warm welcome as they join the SNPhAm! We continue to encourage our members to utilize the National Officer Chapter Visit Form to let us know how we can assist you.
Our Sam’s Club/SNPhA Diabetes Health Fair was a major success on April 16, 2016, this year with over 34 chapters participating at local Sam’s Club Stores across the nation. A special thank you goes out to our amazing sponsors for their continued support of SNPhA! Please visit the SNPhA YouTube page to view the Diabetes Health Education playlist that our National Diabetes Initiative Chair, Cheryl Wisseh, created for patients and SNPhA members.
There was major success with all the chapters participating in the HIV/AID Awareness Days activities that our National Remember the Ribbon Initiative Chair, Ben Iredell, coordinated this spring. Our National Chronic Kidney Disease Initiative Chair, Adrian Lawrence, was also very busy during the month of March – tallying up a record 310 CKD events across the nation! In Operation Immunization news, our National Chair, Amy Yanicak, has led our chapters across the nation to participate in our first ever Vaccine Video Competition and this brought in record participation with 49 chapters!
2016 Regions I and II Conference Awardees (April 1 – 3, 2016):
Chapter with Most Members in Attendance: Howard University Chapter
Walmart/Sam’s Club Prescription for Service Regional Winners:
- Region I – University of Pittsburgh
- Region II – Mercer University
SNPhA/Kroger Regional Clinical Skills Competition
- 1st Place: South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Charleston (Shabree R. and Brandyce C.)
- 2nd Place: Wingate University (Johanna D. and Roneisha W.)
- 3rd Place: Samford University (Caitlyn J. and Shantel G.)
3rd Annual Instagram-A-Thon Winner: Hampton University
- SNPhA Operation Immunization Presents “World Immunization Week”: April 24 – 30, 2016
- National SNPhA T-Shirt Design Competition Voting Deadline: April 29, 2016 at 10AM, PST
- Remember the Ribbon Youth & Children’s Game Challenge: May 13, 2016
- 2015 – 2016 SNPhA Chapter President of the Year Application for Nominations Postmarked Deadline: May 16, 2016
- SNPhA/AST Organ Donation Awareness Challenge Deadline: May 18, 2016
- 2016 – 2017 SNPhA National Officer Applications (Elected/Appointed) Deadline: May 27, 2016
As we wrap up the final days of the academic term, let us continue to focus on our professional and personal G.O.A.L.S. we have set forth for ourselves to make an impact not only in our surrounding communities, but around the globe! Thank you for your continued efforts in making the hashtag #SNPhAGOALS such a successful social media search for chapter activity images across the nation!
Jessie Nia Hwang
SNPhA National President, 2015-2016
Jessie Nia Hwang, 2015-2016 National President